Have you ever struggled with cleaning nooks and crannies in your home? Are you tired of dragging around a heavy vacuum cleaner for small messes? Handheld vacuum cleaners may be the solution you’re looking for! These portable and versatile devices can easily pick up dirt, dust, and debris in hard-to-reach areas. But with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the best one for your needs. In this guide, we’ll break down the different types of handheld vacuum cleaners, important features to consider, top brands, and prices. By the end, you’ll have all the information you need to make an informed purchasing decision and keep your home pristine.
Types of Handheld Vacuum Cleaners
When it comes to cleaning your home or car, a handheld vacuum cleaner can be a game-changer. However, with so many different types of handheld vacuums on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is right for you. Do you need a cordless model for convenience or a dustbuster for those hard-to-reach places? Are you on a budget or looking to splurge on a top-of-the-line brand? In this section, we’ll explore the different types of handheld vacuums available and help you determine which one will best suit your needs. For more information on the benefits of using a handheld vacuum, check out our 5 Reasons to Use a Handheld Vacuum article.
1. Corded Handheld Vacuum Cleaners
Corded Handheld Vacuum Cleaners are perfect for those who want continuous and uninterrupted suction power. These vacuums are plugged into a power outlet during use, so there’s no need to worry about battery life.
- Strong suction power: Since corded handheld vacuums are connected to a power source, they have stronger suction power compared to cordless models.
- No battery to recharge: This means that you can use it as long as you need without worrying about running out of battery life.
- Cost-effective: Corded handhelds are generally more affordable compared to their cordless counterparts.
- Lighter weight: Without a battery, corded handheld vacuums usually weigh less than cordless models, making them easier to maneuver.
- Less portable: Since it needs to be plugged into an outlet, it cannot be used outdoors or in places where there’s no power source available.
- Limited range of movement: The corded handheld vacuum may be less convenient for those who are always on-the-go and need to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Can’t be used to clean a car: Since most corded handheld vacuums come with shorter cords, they may not be long enough to reach all areas of a car’s interior without an extension cord.
Corded handheld vacuums are a great option for people who want a powerful and cost-effective cleaning tool with unlimited operation time. However, it’s good to keep in mind that they may not be as portable as cordless models and may not be suitable for cleaning cars without an extension cord.
If you want to learn more about other types of handheld vacuum cleaners, such as cordless models, vacuums with dustbusters, or car vacuums, check out our article on “The Top 10 Handheld Vacuums for Small Spaces.”
2. Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaners
Cordless handheld vacuum cleaners, as the name suggests, are vacuum cleaners without cords, providing maximum mobility and convenience. Users can easily move around with the vacuum cleaner and use it in hard-to-reach areas. This type of vacuum cleaner has become increasingly popular due to its portability, ease of use and versatility.
They come with rechargeable batteries, usually lithium-ion, which provide adequate power for cleaning. However, the battery life varies depending on the brand and model. Some cordless handheld vacuum cleaners have a runtime of only a few minutes, while others can run for up to an hour on a single charge. It’s essential to consider the battery life before making a purchase.
In terms of suction power, cordless handheld vacuum cleaners are not as powerful as corded ones. However, with advancements in technology, some models come with powerful motors and advanced filtration systems that provide strong suction power. For those who want a vacuum cleaner that offers convenience over power, cordless handheld vacuum cleaners are an excellent choice.
Another factor to consider is the dustbin capacity. Cordless handheld vacuum cleaners usually have smaller dustbins compared to corded ones. Generally, they have a capacity of 0.5 to 1.5 liters, which means users will need to empty it frequently during use. However, this shouldn’t be a problem for quick cleaning tasks.
Cordless handheld vacuum cleaners come in a compact and lightweight design. They are easy to carry around; users won’t have to worry about cables getting tangled up, and can quickly move around with the vacuum cleaner. This type of vacuum cleaner is perfect for small apartments, vehicles, and quick messes.
Finally, the accessories that come with the cordless handheld vacuum cleaner is a crucial consideration. Accessories such as crevice tools, dusting brushes, and pet hair attachments increase the versatility of the vacuum cleaner. Choosing a model with additional accessories will ensure that your vacuum cleaner is fit for all cleaning tasks.
Cordless handheld vacuum cleaners are an excellent choice for those who prioritize mobility and flexibility over suction power. They are ideal for quick cleanups and small tasks, and for those who prefer convenience over electricity. If you are someone who loves convenience, a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner is definitely worth considering.
3. Handheld Vacuum Cleaners with Dustbuster
Handheld vacuum cleaners with Dustbuster technology are the ideal choice for those who want a versatile cleaning tool. These vacuums combine the benefits of handheld vacuum cleaners with the power of a Dustbuster, making them a popular choice among homeowners. They are designed to provide quick but effective cleaning of furniture, upholstery, and other surfaces.
Handheld vacuums with Dustbuster technology have a powerful motor that can tackle pet hair, dust, and other debris with ease. They come equipped with a crevice tool that helps to clean tight spaces or awkward areas such as car upholstery, stairs, and corners. The extendable hose can reach difficult spots, while the crevice tool can suction away small debris like dust and crumbs. Another advantage is that these vacuums come with a charging base. You can store the vacuum when it is not in use, and it will always be charged and ready when you need it.
When choosing a handheld vacuum cleaner, consider the weight and size of the model with Dustbuster technology. Some models can be quite heavy and bulky, which may make them difficult to maneuver. Fortunately, many handheld vacuums with Dustbuster technology come with lightweight designs, making them easier to use for longer periods.
They typically come with a washable filter, which is easy to maintain. To keep your vacuum cleaner in tip-top shape, it is best to empty the dustbin after every use and clean the filter frequently. This simple maintenance can extend the life of your vacuum cleaner and ensure that it continues to perform well for years to come.
One thing to keep in mind is that handheld vacuum cleaners with Dustbuster tend to be more expensive than corded or cordless handheld vacuum models without Dustbuster. However, their versatility and cleaning power make them well worth the investment.
Handheld vacuum cleaners with Dustbuster technology are a great choice for anyone who needs a versatile cleaning tool for quick cleanup jobs. If you are interested in learning more about how to choose the best handheld vacuum cleaner and attachments, check out our article on how to choose handheld vacuum attachments.
4. Car Vacuum Cleaners
When it comes to cleaning the inside of your car, a handheld vacuum cleaner can come in very handy. Strong suction power and a compact design make it easier to clean car seats, floor mats, and hard-to-reach areas. Unlike corded vacuums, car vacuum cleaners are designed to run on a car’s power outlet or a rechargeable battery.
Here are some features to consider when choosing a handheld vacuum cleaner for your car:
- Suction power: Look for a vacuum with strong suction power that can easily pick up dirt, crumbs, and pet hair from car surfaces.
- Attachments: A crevice tool and a dusting brush can help clean tight spaces and delicate surfaces in your car without causing any damage.
- Battery life: If you’re choosing a cordless vacuum, make sure it has a good battery life that can last long enough to clean your entire car.
- Capacity: Choose a vacuum with a dustbin capacity that can hold enough debris without needing to be emptied too frequently.
- Size and weight: A compact and lightweight vacuum cleaner is easier to maneuver and store in your car.
- Filtration system: A good filtration system can trap allergens and prevent them from being released back into the air.
If you’re a pet owner, you may want to look for a vacuum cleaner with specialized attachments that can help remove pet hair from car interiors. For more information on choosing a handheld vacuum cleaner for pet hair, check out our article on the Best Handheld Vacuum Cleaners for Pet Hair.
To learn more about the benefits of using a handheld vacuum cleaner for car cleaning and maintenance, read our article on The Benefits of Using a Handheld Vacuum for Cleaning Your Car. And for tips on how to clean and maintain your handheld vacuum cleaner, check out our article on How to Clean and Maintain Your Handheld Vacuum Cleaner.
A car vacuum cleaner is a must-have tool for keeping your car interior clean and dust-free. Choose one with the right features and attachments that can make your car cleaning tasks easier and more efficient.
Features to Consider
When it comes to buying a handheld vacuum cleaner, there are a variety of features to consider to ensure that you get the best model for your needs. From battery life to suction power, dustbin capacity to filtration system, each factor can impact the overall performance and convenience of the vacuum. By taking the time to evaluate these features and compare models from different brands, you can find the perfect handheld vacuum cleaner to tackle any mess. For more context on the types of vacuums available, check out our article on handheld vs stick vacuums.
1. Battery Life
When it comes to handheld vacuum cleaners, battery life is one of the most important factors to consider. There’s nothing more frustrating than having to cut your cleaning session short because your vacuum cleaner’s battery can’t keep up with the job.
Below is a table of some popular handheld vacuum cleaners with their battery life and charging time:
|Brand||Battery Life||Charging Time|
|Dyson V11||Up to 60 minutes||4.5 hours|
|Shark WV201||Up to 15 minutes||2.5 hours|
|Black + Decker CHV1410L||Up to 20 minutes||4 hours|
|Bissell AutoMate Lithium Ion Cordless Handheld Car Vacuum||Up to 15 minutes||4 hours|
|Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Bagless Handheld Vacuum||Corded||N/A|
As you can see, the battery life of handheld vacuums varies greatly depending on the brand and model. If you have a smaller space to clean, a handheld vacuum with a shorter battery life may suffice. However, if you need to clean a larger area or multiple surfaces, a longer battery life will be essential.
It’s also important to consider the charging time of the vacuum cleaner. If you need to use your vacuum cleaner frequently, you may want to opt for a model with a shorter charging time. Additionally, some models have removable batteries, so you can always have a backup battery on hand for longer cleaning sessions.
Battery life is a crucial factor to consider when purchasing a handheld vacuum cleaner, so choose a model with a battery life that fits your needs. To learn about the history of handheld vacuum cleaners, check out our handheld vacuum cleaner history article. And for tips on using handheld vacuums on hardwood floors, head over to our handheld vacuum for hardwood tips and tricks article.
2. Suction Power
When it comes to handheld vacuum cleaners, suction power is undoubtedly one of the most important features to consider. If the suction power is not strong enough, the vacuum may not be able to pick up dirt and debris effectively. Here are some factors to consider regarding suction power:
- Motor Power: A handheld vacuum’s suction power is directly related to the motor’s strength. Models with more powerful motors usually have stronger suction power. However, keep in mind that higher motor power can also mean higher noise levels, so consider this factor if you plan to use the vacuum in a quiet space.
- Airflow: Suction power also depends on the amount of airflow the vacuum produces. A larger airflow will mean stronger suction power. You can look for models with “air watts” ratings, which indicate the vacuum’s suction power.
- Filters: The type and condition of the filters can also affect suction power. If the filters are dirty or clogged, the suction power may be reduced. It is recommended to clean or replace filters regularly to maintain the vacuum’s suction power.
Keep in mind that suction power should be balanced with other features like battery life and dustbin capacity. You don’t want a vacuum that has powerful suction but dies quickly or needs to be emptied frequently. Consider your specific cleaning needs and find a vacuum that provides a balance of suction power and other features for optimal performance.
3. Dustbin Capacity
When it comes to buying a handheld vacuum cleaner, dustbin capacity is an important factor to consider. The larger the dustbin capacity, the less often you need to stop and empty it out. Here are some things to keep in mind when it comes to dustbin capacity:
- Size: Handheld vacuums typically have smaller dustbin capacities compared to larger, upright models. However, the exact size can vary from one model to another. Consider how much cleaning you need to do and how often you want to empty the bin before deciding on what size is right for you.
- Type: Corded handheld vacuum cleaners, in general, tend to have larger dustbin capacities than their cordless counterparts. This is because cordless vacuums usually need to have a smaller bin in order to remain lightweight and portable.
- Easy to Empty: A vacuum with a larger dustbin capacity doesn’t necessarily mean it’s easier to empty. Some models have a complicated process for emptying the bin, while others have a user-friendly design that makes it quick and easy to dispose of the collected debris.
- Filters: Some handheld vacuums come with filters that need to be cleaned or replaced regularly. Make sure you are comfortable with the maintenance required to keep the filter in good condition to ensure that your vacuum’s suction power stays strong.
When considering dustbin capacity, it’s also important to remember that a larger dustbin capacity will likely affect the weight and size of the vacuum. So, determine what’s reasonable for your particular cleaning needs and preferences. With these factors in mind, you’ll be able to find a handheld vacuum cleaner with the right dustbin capacity for your needs.
4. Weight and Size
When it comes to buying a handheld vacuum cleaner, weight and size are important considerations to keep in mind. You want a vacuum that is easy to maneuver around and can reach tight spaces without causing strain on your arms and shoulders. Here are some key factors to keep in mind:
- Weight: The weight of a handheld vacuum cleaner can range from around 1 pound to over 6 pounds. If you plan to use your vacuum for extended periods of time or have difficulty with heavy lifting, look for a model that is on the lighter side.
- Size: The size of the vacuum can also affect its ease of use. Look for a model that can easily fit in your hand and can be comfortably carried around the house.
- Handle: The handle of the vacuum should be ergonomically designed to reduce the risk of injury or muscle strain. A comfortable handle can also make it easier to use the vacuum for extended periods of time.
- Corded vs Cordless: Corded handheld vacuums can be heavier due to the presence of the cord, while cordless models may be lighter but can have a shorter battery life.
Remember, the weight and size of the vacuum won’t affect its overall performance, but it can make a difference in how easy it is to use. Take the time to evaluate your needs and find a model that is comfortable for you.
When purchasing a handheld vacuum cleaner, it’s important to consider the variety of accessories that come with it. This will greatly expand the functionality of your vacuum and make cleaning a much simpler and more efficient process. Here are some key accessories to look for:
- Crevices tool: This thin and elongated attachment is perfect for getting into tight spaces, such as between car seats or couch cushions.
- Dusting brush: A soft-bristled brush attachment is ideal for cleaning delicate surfaces such as lampshades or upholstery.
- Pet hair tool: If you have furry friends at home, this specialized attachment will make cleaning pet hair off furniture and carpets a breeze.
- Extension hose: This accessory will allow you to reach high spaces, such as ceiling corners or the top of shelves.
- Upholstery tool: This attachment is designed to be gentle on fabric and is perfect for cleaning curtains or the interior of your car.
- Hard floor tool: Vacuuming larger debris or dirt on hard surfaces can be challenging, but this accessory is specifically designed for cleaning sizable debris on hard floors.
By having these accessories at hand, you will be able to tackle any cleaning task with ease. Make sure to look for a vacuum that comes with the right set of attachments for your specific needs.
6. Filtration System
When looking to buy a handheld vacuum cleaner, one feature that shouldn’t be overlooked is the filtration system. A good filtration system is important not just for capturing dirt and debris but also for keeping the air clean and free of allergens.
There are a few different types of filtration systems to consider. The most common type is a HEPA filter, which stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air. HEPA filters are designed to capture tiny particles and allergens, making them a great choice for those with allergies or asthma.
Another option is a Cyclonic filtration system, which uses a spinning action to separate dirt and debris from the air. This type of system is often found in cordless vacuum cleaners and can be effective at capturing the small particles that a HEPA filter might miss.
Finally, some vacuum cleaners come with a combination filtration system that includes both HEPA and Cyclonic filtration. These systems offer the best of both worlds, capturing both large and small particles while keeping the air clean and fresh.
When choosing a handheld vacuum cleaner, look for information on the filtration system in the product descriptions or specifications. Here’s a helpful table to compare some popular handheld vacuum cleaners and their filtration systems:
|Dyson V11||Advanced Whole-Machine Filtration|
|Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac||Washable HEPA and Foam Filters|
|Black + Decker Flex Car Vacuum||3-Stage Filtration System|
|Bissell AutoMate Lithium Ion Handheld Car Vacuum||Triple Level Filtration System|
|Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Bagless Handheld Vacuum||Rinsable Filter|
As you can see, different brands and models may use different types of filtration systems, so it’s important to choose the one that best suits your needs. Consider factors such as allergies, the size of particles you need to capture, and the ease of cleaning or replacing the filter. By doing so, you’ll ensure that your handheld vacuum cleaner not only cleans up messes but also keeps your home and air clean and healthy.
Choosing the right brand plays a vital role in ensuring that you get an effective handheld vacuum cleaner that will cater to your cleaning needs. With numerous brands in the market, selecting the best one may seem overwhelming. However, there are a few top brands that stand out in terms of quality, efficiency, and reliability. These brands have earned a reputation for producing some of the best handheld vacuum cleaners in the market, equipped with advanced features and innovative technologies. In this section, we’ll take a closer look at these respected and trusted brands, helping you make an informed decision when buying a handheld vacuum cleaner.
When it comes to handheld vacuum cleaners, Dyson is one of the most popular and trusted brands in the market. Known for their innovative technology, powerful suction, and sleek designs, Dyson vacuum cleaners are a favorite among many households.
Dyson Handheld Vacuum Cleaners
Dyson offers a range of handheld vacuum cleaners, each with its own set of unique features and prices. Here are some of their most popular models:
|Dyson V11 Animal||Powerful suction, up to 60 minutes of runtime, LCD screen display||$599.99|
|Dyson V11 Torque Drive||High torque cleaner head, up to 60 minutes of runtime, LCD screen display||$699.99|
|Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute||Soft roller cleaner head for hard floors, powerful suction, up to 60 minutes of runtime||$549.99|
|Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead||Direct drive cleaner head for carpets, powerful suction, up to 60 minutes of runtime||$499.99|
|Dyson V7 Animal+||Powerful suction, up to 30 minutes of runtime, HEPA filtration system||$299.99|
As you can see, Dyson offers a range of handheld vacuum cleaners to fit within any budget. Their high-end models boast powerful suction and long runtimes, making them perfect for large homes or those with pets. Meanwhile, their lower-priced models still deliver great suction power and come equipped with HEPA filtration systems to ensure a thorough clean.
Why Choose Dyson?
One of the reasons why Dyson is such a trusted brand is their commitment to innovation and quality. Their vacuum cleaners are designed to be durable and long-lasting, with components that are built to withstand wear and tear over time. Additionally, Dyson offers excellent customer service and support, making it easy to get in touch with their team if you have any questions or concerns.
If you are in the market for a high-quality handheld vacuum cleaner, Dyson is definitely a brand worth considering. With their range of models and innovative technology, you are sure to find a vacuum cleaner that meets your specific needs and budget.
When it comes to handheld vacuum cleaners, Shark is a well-known brand that is synonymous with quality and performance. The company has a wide range of models to choose from, each with its unique features and capabilities. Let’s take a look at some of their most popular models.
Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac HV292: This model is perfect for cleaning stairs, upholstery, and tight spaces. It has a 15-foot power cord, and the dust cup can be emptied with just a touch of a button. The Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac HV292 also comes with a crevice tool, dusting brush, and TruePet motorized brush for removing pet hair.
Shark WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum Cleaner WV201: The Shark WANDVAC WV201 is a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner that is lightweight and easy to maneuver. It has a high-speed brushless motor that provides powerful suction, and a tapered nozzle for easy debris pickup. The vacuum also comes with a crevice tool and duster crevice tool for cleaning tight spaces and delicate surfaces.
Shark ION W1 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner: This cordless handheld vacuum cleaner is lightweight, compact, and perfect for quick cleanups. It has a crevice tool and dusting brush for cleaning tight spaces and delicate surfaces, and the dust cup is easy to empty. The Shark ION W1 also comes with a charging dock that can be mounted on the wall for convenient storage.
Shark is a brand that you can trust when it comes to handheld vacuum cleaners. Their models are designed to meet the needs of different users and come at a reasonable price point. Whether you need a corded or cordless model, a pet hair remover or a compact cleaner, Shark has got you covered. Check out their collection to find the best match for your cleaning needs.
|Model||Type||Power Source||Additional Tools|
|Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac HV292||Corded||15-foot power cord||Crevice tool, dusting brush, TruePet motorized brush|
|Shark WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum Cleaner WV201||Cordless||Rechargeable lithium-ion battery||Crevice tool, duster crevice tool|
|Shark ION W1 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner||Cordless||Rechargeable lithium-ion battery||Crevice tool, dusting brush|
3. Black + Decker
When it comes to handheld vacuum cleaners, Black + Decker is a trusted brand that has been serving customers for many years. With a range of options available, you can choose from corded or cordless handheld vacuum cleaners, depending on your needs.
Some of the most popular Black + Decker handheld vacuum cleaners include:
- Black + Decker Cordless Handheld Vacuum (CHV1410L) – This vacuum cleaner is lightweight, portable, and cordless, making it ideal for quick cleanups around the house. With a lithium-ion battery, this vacuum cleaner provides strong suction power and can hold a charge for up to 18 months. It also comes with a crevice tool and brush attachment for cleaning tight spaces.
- Black + Decker Flex Handheld Vacuum (BDH2020FL) – This cordless vacuum cleaner offers a flexible hose that bends and pivots, allowing you to clean in hard-to-reach areas. It also has a lithium-ion battery that provides strong suction power and can hold a charge for up to 12 months. It comes with multiple attachments, including a pet hairbrush, crevice tool, and brush attachment for upholstery.
- Black + Decker Car Vacuum (BDH2000PL) – This cordless vacuum cleaner is specifically designed for cleaning your car’s interior. It features a pivoting nose with a crevice tool that is perfect for getting into tight spaces. Its lithium-ion battery provides strong suction power and can hold a charge for up to 18 months. Additionally, it has a high-performance motor that is capable of picking up both large debris and fine dust particles.
No matter which Black + Decker handheld vacuum cleaner you choose, you can be sure that you are getting a reliable and efficient cleaning tool that will make your life easier. With strong suction power, long battery life, and a range of attachments, these vacuum cleaners are the perfect solution for quick cleanups and deep cleaning tasks alike.
When it comes to buying a handheld vacuum cleaner, Bissell is a well-known and trusted brand that offers a range of products to suit different needs and budgets. Here are some of the top Bissell handheld vacuum cleaners available in the market:
|Product Name||Price||Key Features|
|Bissell AutoMate Lithium Ion Cordless Handheld Car Vacuum||$99.99||Battery-powered, motorized brushroll, crevice tool and dusting brush included, HEPA filtration|
|Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum||$36.99||Corded, specialty rubber nozzle to attract pet hair, HEPA filtration, crevice tool included|
|Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor Corded Vacuum||$59.99||Corded, V-shaped design to capture debris along edges and corners, bagless, lightweight|
|Bissell Cleanview Deluxe Corded Handheld Vacuum||$49.99||Corded, flexible rubber nozzle to reach tight spaces, crevice tool and dusting brush included, washable filter|
The Bissell AutoMate Lithium Ion Cordless Handheld Car Vacuum is a great option for those who need a powerful vacuum for cleaning their car. With its motorized brushroll, crevice tool and dusting brush, you can easily tackle dirt, dust and debris in your car’s seats and carpets. It also has a HEPA filtration system that captures 99.9% of dirt, dust and allergens.
If you have pets, the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum is a must-have. It comes with a specialty rubber nozzle that attracts pet hair and pulls it from furniture, stairs and upholstery. The crevice tool allows you to reach tight spaces, and the HEPA filtration system captures pet dander and allergens.
The Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor Corded Vacuum is a unique vacuum designed for hardwood floors. Its V-shaped design helps capture debris in corners and along edges, while its lightweight and bagless design make it easy to use and clean.
Lastly, the Bissell Cleanview Deluxe Corded Handheld Vacuum is perfect for those who need a versatile and affordable vacuum for their home. Its flexible rubber nozzle can reach tight spaces, and the crevice tool and dusting brush make it easy to clean upholstery, stairs and other surfaces. Plus, its washable filter saves you money on replacements.
Bissell offers a variety of handheld vacuum cleaners to meet different cleaning needs, and their quality and affordability make them a great choice for consumers.
5. Dirt Devil
If you’re looking for a quality handheld vacuum cleaner that comes at an affordable price, check out Dirt Devil. This brand has been providing customers with innovative cleaning solutions for over 100 years. Their handheld vacuum cleaners are no exception. Here are some features that make Dirt Devil stand out:
- Innovative Design: Dirt Devil’s models offer a sleek and modern design that is perfect for those who prioritize style as well as function. Their cordless models feature a compact and lightweight design that makes them easy to maneuver and store.
- Powerful Suction: Despite their affordable price point, Dirt Devil’s handheld vacuums come equipped with powerful suction capabilities that make cleaning a breeze. Their “Quick Flip” models are particularly popular due to their ability to easily clean in tight spaces.
- Range of Accessories: Dirt Devil offers a range of accessories and attachments that can make your cleaning experience as efficient and effective as possible. Their “Gator” models come with a crevice tool, dusting brush, and a power brush roll that is perfect for cleaning upholstery and stairs.
- HEPA Filtration: Dirt Devil’s handheld vacuum cleaners come equipped with HEPA filters that can effectively capture microscopic particles such as pollen, pet dander, and dust mites from your home. This is particularly beneficial for those who suffer from allergies or asthma.
Dirt Devil is a great option for those who want a budget-friendly handheld vacuum cleaner without sacrificing quality or performance. With their innovative design, powerful suction capabilities, and range of accessories, you’re sure to find a Dirt Devil vacuum that meets your cleaning needs.
When it comes to buying a handheld vacuum cleaner, prices can vary greatly depending on the brand, model, and features included. It’s important to have a budget in mind before making a purchase, but also consider what features are most important for your cleaning needs. In this section, we’ll take a look at different price ranges for handheld vacuums and what you can expect to get within each range. From affordable options to high-end models, there’s a handheld vacuum out there for every budget. Let’s explore your options.
1. Under $50
If you are looking for a handheld vacuum cleaner that is budget-friendly, you can find many options for under $50. These models may not have as many features as higher-priced options, but they can still get the job done. Here are some of the best handheld vacuum cleaners under $50:
- Bissell AutoMate Lithium Ion Cordless Handheld car Vacuum – This cordless handheld vacuum cleaner is perfect for cleaning your car. It has a 14.4V lithium-ion battery, and it comes with a crevice tool and dusting brush. It’s lightweight and easy to use, making it a great choice for anyone who wants to keep their car clean without spending a lot of money.
- Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Bagless Handheld Vacuum – This corded handheld vacuum cleaner is a great option for those who don’t mind being tethered to an outlet. It has a 16-foot power cord and a powerful motor that can handle everything from pet hair to dirt and debris. The Quick Flip crevice tool allows you to easily clean tight spaces, while the dusting brush helps you tackle dust and other particles.
- Eureka EasyClean Lightweight Handheld Vacuum Cleaner – This lightweight handheld vacuum cleaner is perfect for quick cleanups around the house. It has a 5.5-amp motor that provides powerful suction, and it comes with a crevice tool and dusting brush for added versatility. The dust cup is easy to empty, and the filter is washable, making it easy to maintain.
- Black+Decker Cordless Handheld Vacuum – This cordless handheld vacuum cleaner has a lithium-ion battery that provides powerful suction for up to 10 minutes. It comes with a crevice tool and brush attachment, making it easy to clean all kinds of surfaces. The dustbin is easy to empty, and the filters are washable for easy maintenance.
- Shark WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum – Although it is the most expensive option on this list, the Shark WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum is still considered budget-friendly at under $50. It has a powerful motor and a tapered nozzle for powerful suction. It also comes with a crevice tool and a multi-surface pet tool for added versatility. The dustbin is easy to empty, and the filters are washable for easy maintenance.
These handheld vacuum cleaners are perfect for those who want a budget-friendly option for quick cleaning tasks. While they may not have all of the features of higher-priced models, they can still provide powerful suction and make cleaning easier and more convenient.
When it comes to buying a handheld vacuum cleaner, there are plenty of options available in the market, which makes it hard to choose. However, keeping your budget in mind can certainly help narrow down the options. If you’re looking for a handheld vacuum cleaner that’s both efficient and affordable, then you should consider buying one that falls within the $50 – $100 price range.
Here’s a comparison table of some of the best handheld vacuum cleaners in this price range:
|Brand||Model||Price||Suction Power||Dustbin Capacity||Weight||Accessories||Filtration System|
|Black + Decker||FHV1200||$54.00||18V||20.6 oz||3.8 lbs||Crevice tool, brush, pet hair tool||Washable bowl and filter|
|Bissell||Pet Hair Eraser||$59.99||14V||0.7L||3 lbs||Crevice tool, motorized brush roll, upholstery tool||Multi-level filtration|
|Dirt Devil||Scorpion Quick Flip||$39.99||7A||0.45L||3.75 lbs||Crevice tool, dusting brush, quick flip crevice tool||Rinsable filter|
|Shark||WV201 WANDVAC||$99.99||120W||0.08L||1.4 lbs||Duster crevice tool, multi-surface tool||Washable filter|
As you can see, all of these vacuum cleaners have their own unique features and benefits. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when making a decision. For example, if you have pets at home, the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser may be a better option for you, thanks to its motorized brush roll and strong suction power.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a lightweight and easy-to-use handheld vacuum cleaner, Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip is an excellent pick. It’s budget-friendly, has a powerful suction with a 7A motor, and comes with multiple accessories to help you clean crevices and upholstery.
For those who value brand reputation, Shark WV201 WANDVAC can be an optimal purchase. It’s a bit pricier but offers a powerful suction in a compact and lightweight frame. Additionally, Shark is known for producing high-quality vacuums with excellent filtration systems that can trap small particles and allergens.
There are plenty of handheld vacuum cleaners to choose from in the $50 – $100 price range. By analyzing your needs, preferences, and budget, you can make an informed decision and choose a vacuum cleaner that best meets your needs.
When looking for a handheld vacuum cleaner in the range of $100-$200, there are quite a few options available to choose from. These models generally have stronger suction power, better battery life, and greater dustbin capacity than their cheaper counterparts, providing a more comprehensive cleaning experience as a result. Here are some of the top-rated models you may want to consider:
|Brand and Model||Features||Price|
|Dyson V7 Trigger||30-minute runtime, hygienic dirt ejector, powerful suction, one-click release for easy emptying, washable and reusable filter, combination tool and crevice tool included||$199.99|
|Shark WV201 WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum||10-minute runtime, tapered nozzle for reaching tight spaces, removable and washable dust cup and filter, high-efficiency motor, one-touch emptying||$139.99|
|Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum||16-foot power cord, specialized rubber nozzle for pet hair, HEPA filtration system, cyclonic cleaning system, crevice tool and upholstery tool included||$119.99|
|Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Bagless Handheld Vacuum||16-foot power cord, powerful motorized brushroll for cleaning upholstery and stairs, quick flip crevice tool for cleaning tight spaces, easy-to-empty bagless dirt cup||$60.99|
As you can see, the options at this price point provide lots of extra features and customization options to help make your cleaning experience as comprehensive and efficient as possible. Dyson and Shark are standout brands at this range, offering powerful suction and handy features like washable filters and single-touch emptying. Bissell also provides a specialized vacuum cleaner for pet hair. Nevertheless, if you want an affordable option, Dirt Devil is a good pick, with its corded option and features like a brushroll and crevice tool to help tackle tough cleaning jobs.
4. $200 or more
When it comes to purchasing handheld vacuum cleaners, there are different price ranges available in the market based on the features and functionality that you are looking for. If you are someone who is looking for a high-end vacuum cleaner that is packed with advanced features, then you might be looking at a price point of $200 or more.
Features such as powerful suction, extended battery life, and advanced filtration systems are some of the prominent aspects that you can expect in this price range. Additionally, you are likely to find vacuum cleaners that come with a range of accessories, including crevice tools, extension wands, and motorized brush heads to help you tackle tough messes.
To help you navigate the different options in this price range, here are some of the top-rated handheld vacuum cleaners that you can consider:
|Dyson||V11 Absolute||Powerful suction, advanced filtration, LED screen, multiple cleaning modes, up to 60 minutes of run time||$699|
|Shark||IQ Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum||DuoClean technology, precision charger, up to 50 minutes of run time, converts to handheld||$329.99|
|Black + Decker||FLEX Cordless Stick Vacuum||Compact and versatile, 4-foot flexible hose, washable bowl and filter, up to 30 minutes of run time||$259.99|
These options are just a few examples of what the market has to offer in the $200 or more price range. It is important to do your research and read reviews to ensure that you invest in a vacuum cleaner that suits your needs and meets your expectations.
After reading this complete guide to buying handheld vacuum cleaners, you should now have a better understanding of the different types of handheld vacuum cleaners available in the market, the various features that you should consider before making a purchase, the top brands, and the price ranges you can expect for the different types of handheld vacuum cleaners.
In summary, when shopping for a handheld vacuum cleaner:
– Determine which type of handheld vacuum cleaner is best suited for your needs. Do you need a corded or cordless option, or do you require a vacuum cleaner specifically for your car?
– Consider the features that are most important to you, such as the battery life, suction power, dustbin capacity, weight, size, accessories, and the filtration system.
– Take time to research and compare different brands to see which ones have the best reputation for producing quality handheld vacuum cleaners.
– Keep in mind that while price is an important factor, it should not be the only factor. Determine which features are most important to you and factor that into your decision-making process.
Overall, investing in a good handheld vacuum cleaner can make cleaning easier and more efficient. With the right vacuum cleaner, you’ll be able to quickly and easily clean up messes around your home or car, and you’ll be able to enjoy a happier, healthier, and cleaner living environment. Happy shopping!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between a corded and cordless handheld vacuum cleaner?
A corded handheld vacuum cleaner needs to be plugged into an electrical outlet, while a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner runs on a rechargeable battery.
2. Can I use a handheld vacuum cleaner to clean my car?
Yes, there are handheld vacuum cleaners designed specifically for cleaning cars. Look for ones with attachments specifically for cleaning upholstery and tighter spaces.
3. How important is suction power when choosing a handheld vacuum cleaner?
Suction power is important as it determines how effective the vacuum cleaner is in picking up dirt and debris. Look for one with at least 20 watts of suction power.
4. How often do I need to clean the filter in my handheld vacuum cleaner?
It depends on how frequently you use the vacuum cleaner, but it is generally recommended to clean the filter every 1-3 months.
5. Can a handheld vacuum cleaner replace a full-sized vacuum cleaner?
No, a handheld vacuum cleaner is designed for quick cleanups and spot cleaning, and is not meant to replace a full-sized vacuum cleaner for the entire house.
6. What is a dustbuster and how is it different from a handheld vacuum cleaner?
A dustbuster is a type of handheld vacuum cleaner that is specifically designed for quick cleanups of small messes. It typically has less suction power and a smaller dustbin capacity than a regular handheld vacuum cleaner.
7. What accessories should I look for in a handheld vacuum cleaner?
You should look for accessories such as crevice tools for tight spaces, upholstery brushes for cleaning furniture, and pet hair attachments if you have pets.
8. How important is the weight and size of a handheld vacuum cleaner?
The weight and size of a handheld vacuum cleaner can affect its maneuverability and ease of use. Look for one that is lightweight and easy to handle.
9. Can I use a handheld vacuum cleaner on hardwood floors?
Yes, you can use a handheld vacuum cleaner on hardwood floors, but make sure to use an attachment designed for hard floors to avoid scratching.
10. What is the average battery life of a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner?
The average battery life of a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner is around 20-30 minutes, but this can vary depending on the model and level of suction power used.