If you’re a pet owner, you know the struggle of keeping your floors free of pet hair. It seems like no matter how much you vacuum, there’s always more to clean up. That’s where smart vacuum cleaners come in – specifically, the Roomba, Shark, and Dyson models. But with so many options available, it can be tough to choose the right one for your needs. In this article, we’ll compare the best smart vacuum cleaners for pet hair and take a deeper look into their features, performance and value. So, if you’re perplexed by the abundance of options in the market, keep reading to help you make the best decision possible.
With the rise in popularity of smart-home technology, the Roomba remains a top choice for pet owners, as it excels in cleaning up pet hair on a variety of surfaces. With numerous models, each designed with unique features, Roomba is a leading brand when it comes to vacuuming pet hair. Let’s delve deeper into the design, cleaning performance, and value of Roomba vacuums for pet owners. If you’re interested in other pet hair vacuums, check out our top 5 pet hair vacuums of 2021 or our guide on HEPA filtration for pet hair.
Design and Features
When it comes to choosing the best smart vacuum cleaner for pet hair, the design and features of each model can greatly impact your decision. Let’s take a look at the design and features of each of our top picks: the Roomba, Shark, and Dyson.
Roomba: The Roomba has a sleek and modern design that fits well in any home. It comes with several features that make it ideal for pet owners, including a 3-stage cleaning system that lifts, loosens, and suctions pet hair and allergens. Additionally, the Roomba is equipped with sensors that allow it to navigate around furniture and other obstacles, as well as a cliff detect feature that prevents it from falling down stairs or ledges.
Shark: The Shark also has a modern and stylish design that fits well in most homes. One of its unique features is the DuoClean technology, which uses a dual-brushroll system to deep-clean carpets and pick up pet hair and debris. The Shark also comes equipped with Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter, making it a great choice for pet owners who struggle with allergies.
Dyson: The Dyson has a distinctive and futuristic design that is both visually appealing and functional. Its impressive features include powerful suction that picks up even the smallest particles of pet hair and debris, as well as a whole-machine filtration system that captures allergens and expels clean air. The Dyson also boasts a self-adjusting cleaner head that automatically adapts to different floor types, ensuring thorough cleaning on any surface.
Below is a table summarizing the main design and feature differences between each model:
|Vacuum Cleaner||Design||Main Features|
|Roomba||Sleek and modern||3-stage cleaning system, sensors for navigation, cliff detect feature|
|Shark||Modern and stylish||DuoClean technology, Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology, HEPA filter|
|Dyson||Distinctive and futuristic||Powerful suction, whole-machine filtration system, self-adjusting cleaner head|
No matter which vacuum cleaner you choose, it’s important to consider the design and features that will best meet your needs as a pet owner. Whether it’s a sleek and modern design, powerful cleaning technology, or advanced filtration systems, each of these top picks has something unique to offer. For more information on smart vacuum cleaners designed specifically for pet owners, check out our article on smart vacuum picks for pet allergies, or for a self-cleaning option, our article about self-cleaning vacuums for pet owners.
When it comes to pet hair cleaning performance, each of the three smart vacuum cleaners we’re comparing brings something unique to the table. Let’s take a closer look:
- Powerful suction: The Roomba boasts impressive suction power to remove pet hair from carpets and floors.
- Multi-surface cleaning: Equipped with dual multi-surface brushes, the Roomba can clean hardwood floors and carpets with ease.
- Advanced filtration system: The Roomba features an advanced filtration system that captures allergens, pet dander, and even small particles as fine as 10 microns.
- Deep cleaning: The Shark’s brush roll can dig deep into carpets to remove embedded pet hair.
- DuoClean technology: The Shark’s unique DuoClean technology features two brush rolls that work in unison to clean both large debris and fine dust particles.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal technology: The Shark’s Anti-Allergen Complete Seal technology captures 99.9% of dust and allergens.
- Cyclone technology: The Dyson’s Cyclone technology captures pet hair, dust, and allergens with powerful suction.
- Whole-machine filtration: With whole-machine filtration, the Dyson captures allergens and microscopic particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Tangle-free turbine tool: The Dyson’s unique tangle-free turbine tool removes pet hair from upholstery and stairs without tangling.
All three smart vacuums have their strengths when it comes to cleaning pet hair, so it really comes down to personal preference and specific cleaning needs.
Price and Value
When it comes to pricing and overall value, each of the three top smart vacuum cleaners brings unique features and advantages.
Roomba has a wider range of pricing options, with the lowest model starting at around $200 and the highest model costing up to $1,000. Although the higher end Roomba models come at a premium price, they are worth the investment if you are looking for greater versatility and advanced features. In terms of overall value, Roomba vacuums are known for their exceptional build quality and durability, which can make them a more worthwhile investment in the long-term.
Shark vacuums typically come at a lower price-point than Roomba, with an average cost of around $350. This makes Shark a strong choice for consumers looking for a cost-effective yet high-quality smart vacuum cleaner. Additionally, Shark models often come with additional attachments and accessories, which can increase versatility and provide better overall value.
Dyson generally falls into the higher end of smart vacuum cleaner pricing, with models often costing $400 or more. However, this higher price point is usually justified by the impressive cleaning performance, advanced technology, and unique features that Dyson vacuums offer. Dyson is a strong choice for consumers who prioritize cleaning power and convenience above all else.
To summarize, each of the three top smart vacuum cleaners for pet hair has distinct advantages and disadvantages when it comes to pricing and overall value. The following table provides a quick comparison of the pricing breakdown for each brand:
|Brand||Average Price||High-End Price||Low-End Price|
Ultimately, the best smart vacuum cleaner for pet hair depends on your personal preferences and budget. By evaluating the pricing and overall value of each brand, you can make an informed decision and choose the cleaner that best fits your needs.
If you’re in the market for a smart vacuum cleaner to tackle your pet hair problem, you may have come across the Shark brand. And for good reason. Shark is known for producing high-quality vacuums that are designed to handle tough messes and stubborn pet hair. Let’s dive deeper into what the Shark vacuums have to offer in terms of design, features, cleaning performance, and price.
Design and Features
When it comes to the design and features of these smart vacuum cleaners, each brand has its own unique strengths. Let’s take a look at what each one offers.
- The Roomba boasts a sleek and modern design with its round shape and glossy finish.
- It comes with a range of sensors and smart technology, including Dirt Detect sensors that recognize areas with more dirt and adjust accordingly.
- It also features a user-friendly app that allows you to schedule cleaning times, customize cleaning preferences, and even track the vacuum’s cleaning progress.
- The Shark vacuum has an ergonomic handle and a low-profile design that makes it easy to maneuver around furniture and under tight spaces.
- It comes with powerful LED lights that help illuminate dirt and debris in hard-to-see areas.
- The Shark vacuum also features a detachable canister, which makes it easy to empty and clean.
- The Dyson vacuum features a striking and futuristic design with its unique ball-shaped body.
- It has powerful suction and comes with advanced filtration system that captures allergens and other pollutants.
- The Dyson vacuum also features a range of attachments and accessories, including a specialized tool for removing pet hair.
Each brand brings something unique to the table in terms of design and features. Whether you’re prioritizing sleekness, usability, or versatility, there’s a smart vacuum cleaner out there that meets your needs.
When it comes to cleaning performance, all three smart vacuum cleaners for pet hair – Roomba, Shark, and Dyson – offer impressive results. Let’s break down their individual performance in detail:
- Utilizes a three-stage cleaning system that utilizes powerful suction to agitate and extract dirt and pet hair from carpets, hardwood floors, and other surfaces
- Features an advanced filter that captures 99% of pet dander, dust, and allergens, ensuring a cleaner home environment
- The robot’s sensors and mapping technology allow it to cover and clean every corner of your home, navigating around objects and avoiding obstacles effectively
Roomba is a reliable choice for pet owners looking for a vacuum that cleans thoroughly and efficiently.
- Equipped with the company’s patented self-cleaning brush roll, which picks up long hair, pet hair, and dirt, and prevents hair wrap
- The vacuum’s DuoClean technology also features powerful suction combined with a soft brush roll, making it ideal for pet hair and large debris on carpets and hardwood floors
- The Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter capture 99.9% of dust and allergens and prevent them from being released into the air
Shark’s focus on preventing hair wrap and capturing allergens makes it an excellent option for pet owners looking for a powerful and hygienic vacuum.
- The company’s patented Cyclone technology creates powerful suction, which captures even microscopic particles and deep cleans carpets and hardwood floors
- The vacuum’s advanced filtration system captures allergens and prevents them from being expelled from the vacuum
- The cleaner head adjusts automatically to different floor types, ensuring maximum performance while cleaning pet hair on carpets and hardwood floors
Dyson’s deep cleaning capabilities and advanced filtration make it a standout option for pet owners looking to keep their home allergen-free.
In summary, all three smart vacuums for pet hair – Roomba, Shark, and Dyson – offer impressive cleaning performance, each with unique features designed to keep your home clean and free of pet hair and allergens.
Price and Value
When considering a smart vacuum cleaner for pet hair, price and value are important factors to consider. Let’s take a closer look at the prices and overall value of the Roomba, Shark, and Dyson models.
The Roomba is priced in the middle range of these three smart vacuums, with prices ranging from $299 to $1299 depending on the model and features. The Roomba 980 is the most expensive of the models, and while it does have advanced features like visual mapping of a room and longer battery life, it may not be necessary for all pet owners. However, the lower-priced Roomba models still offer strong value for their price, particularly in their ability to pick up pet hair with ease.
The Shark smart vacuums are priced just below the Roomba, with prices ranging from $199 to $399. Despite the lower price point, Shark models offer comparable cleaning performance to the Roomba and even some additional features like the ability to switch between floor types seamlessly. The Shark models offer a strong value for those looking for a more affordable option without sacrificing quality.
Dyson vacuums tend to be priced higher than both Roomba and Shark models, with prices ranging from $399 to $749. However, they also offer some unique features not found in other smart vacuums such as the ability to automatically adjust suction power based on the type of flooring. While the higher price point may be a turn-off for some, Dyson vacuums do offer high-quality cleaning performance and unique features.
All three smart vacuum cleaners offer a range of prices and features to fit different budgets and cleaning needs. While the Roomba is priced in the middle range and offers strong value for pet owners, Shark models offer comparable cleaning performance at a more affordable price point. Dyson vacuums may be more expensive, but they offer unique features and high-quality cleaning performance. Ultimately, the decision on which smart vacuum to purchase will depend on personal budget, cleaning needs, and desired features.
|Smart Vacuum||Price Range||Value|
|Roomba||$299 – $1299||Strong value for price, particularly in pet hair cleaning performance|
|Shark||$199 – $399||Comparable cleaning performance to Roomba at a more affordable price, additional features such as seamless floor type switching|
|Dyson||$399 – $749||Higher price point, but unique features such as automatically adjusting suction power based on flooring type, high-quality cleaning performance|
When it comes to innovation in home technology, Dyson is a name that stands out. This manufacturer is known for incorporating cutting-edge features into its appliances, and its line of smart vacuum cleaners for pet hair is no exception. The Dyson vacuum cleaners are designed to provide powerful suction and advanced filtration to ensure the removal of pet hair and dander from your carpets and floors. But Dyson’s features and benefits are not limited to pet hair removal. Let’s dive deeper into the design, cleaning performance, and price and value of the Dyson smart vacuum cleaners, to help you decide whether this brand is the best choice for you and your furry friends.
Design and Features
When it comes to the design and features of the best smart vacuum cleaners for pet hair, each brand brings its own unique strengths and qualities to the table. Let’s take a closer look at Roomba, Shark, and Dyson.
Roomba’s design is sleek and modern, with a circular shape that allows for easy maneuvering around obstacles. One of its standout features is its ability to connect to Wi-Fi, allowing for app control and even voice activation through Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. Roomba models also have a virtual wall barrier option, which uses infrared technology to exclude certain areas from being cleaned.
Shark’s design is equally impressive, with a much more angular and geometric approach that sets it apart from the competition. Its models are also Wi-Fi enabled, and can be controlled using the SharkClean app or voice commands with Alexa or Google Assistant. Shark also offers unique features like their “Zero-M” brush roll that actively removes pet hair as it cleans.
Dyson is known for their futuristic and innovative designs, and their smart vacuum cleaners for pet hair are no exception. The Cyclone V10 and V11 models are cordless and lightweight, making them easy to use and maneuver. They feature a powerful motor and advanced filtration system that captures fine dust and allergens, making them ideal for pet owners. Dyson’s unique “Point and Shoot” bin emptying system is another standout feature that makes cleaning up after your pet’s hair quick and hassle-free.
To compare the designs and features of each brand side by side, the following table breaks down the key elements:
|Roomba||Sleek & circular||Wi-Fi enabled||Virtual wall barrier option|
|Shark||Angular & geometric||Wi-Fi enabled||Zero-M brush roll|
|Dyson||Futuristic & innovative||Cordless and lightweight||Powerful motor, advanced filtration, “Point and Shoot” bin emptying|
Each brand offers a unique approach to design and connectivity, with standout features that set them apart from each other in terms of usability and functionality. When making a decision on which brand to choose, it’s important to consider which design and features will best meet your needs as a pet owner.
The cleaning performance of each smart vacuum cleaner is a crucial aspect to consider before making a purchase. Here’s a detailed comparison of how Roomba, Shark, and Dyson perform when it comes to cleaning pet hair.
Roomba: The Roomba smart vacuum cleaner has a unique three-stage cleaning system that provides an excellent cleaning performance. It effectively picks up most pet hair, dirt, and debris from all types of flooring surfaces. It features a high-efficiency filter that can capture pet allergens and dust particles as small as 10 microns. Additionally, it has a powerful suction that can pick up larger debris, such as pet food, without any issues.
Shark: Shark’s smart vacuum cleaner line comes with a powerful motor that delivers impressive suction power. It can effectively pick up pet hair, dust, and other debris from carpets, hardwood, and tile floors. One notable feature is its DuoClean brush roll that can handle both large debris and small particles. Shark’s anti-allergen complete seal technology can trap dust and allergens while cleaning.
Dyson: Dyson’s smart vacuum line features excellent cleaning performance on carpets and hardwood floors. It has a strong suction that can pick up pet hair, dirt, and debris, while its smart navigation system ensures that it covers every inch of the house. One notable feature is its ball technology that allows the vacuum to pivot and steer, making cleaning under furniture a breeze. Additionally, the vacuum’s HEPA filtration system captures pet hair, allergens, and dust, making it perfect for pet owners.
To summarize, all three smart vacuum cleaners have impressive cleaning performances, with each having distinguishing features. However, if we were to choose the best one for cleaning pet hair, we’d recommend the Roomba. It has a unique three-stage cleaning system and a high-efficiency filter that can effectively pick up most pet hair and dust particles.
Price and Value
Comparing the price and value of the Roomba, Shark, and Dyson smart vacuum cleaners for pet hair can help you make an informed decision before making a purchase. Each brand has different models with varying prices and features to consider. Here is a breakdown of their prices and values:
|Roomba||Roomba i7+||$799.99||The Roomba i7+ is on the higher end of the price scale, but its advanced features, such as self-emptying and smart mapping, make it a worthwhile investment for pet owners who struggle with constant cleaning.|
|Shark||Shark IQ R101AE||$399.99||The Shark IQ R101AE is a mid-range option that offers great value for its price. It has advanced mapping capabilities and strong suction power, making it a great option for pet hair cleanup.|
|Dyson||Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal||$499.99||The Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal is slightly more expensive than the Shark IQ, but it has strong suction power and a long battery life. Its design also allows it to transform into a handheld vacuum, making it versatile for pet hair cleanup on furniture and stairs.|
Each brand and model offer different price points and values. The Roomba is the most expensive, but its advanced features make it a worthwhile investment for those who desire convenience and a thorough cleaning. The Shark and Dyson models offer great value for their prices, with strong suction power and advanced features that make them great options for pet owners on a budget. Ultimately, it is important to consider your specific needs and budget before making a purchase.
As we’ve seen, both Roomba and Shark have their own unique strengths and drawbacks. Dyson, on the other hand, is a newcomer to the world of robotic vacuums. But how do they compare when it comes to pet hair cleaning performance, special features, and price? Let’s dive in and find out which one comes out on top.
Pet Hair Cleaning Performance
When it comes to vacuuming up pet hair, all three of our top contenders – Roomba, Shark, and Dyson – have proven to be reliable performers. Here are some points to keep in mind when assessing the pet hair cleaning performance of each model:
- Roomba: Roomba is equipped with a high-efficiency filter that captures 99% of pet dander and allergens, making it a great option for households with allergy sufferers. Its powerful suction and dual multi-surface brushes work together to pick up pet hair and other debris. Additionally, the Roomba’s Dirt Detect Technology sensors can detect dirtier areas of the floor and focus more of its attention on those spots.
- Shark: One of Shark’s best features for pet hair cleaning is its Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and HEPA filter that trap 99.9% of dust and allergens. Its Shark’s DuoClean Technology combines two brush rolls in one head, allowing it to pick up both large messes and fine dust particles. The Shark has a brush roll cleaning feature that helps prevent hair and pet fur tangles.
- Dyson: Dyson’s Tangle-free Turbine tool is specially designed to tackle pet hair and debris, so it’s a fantastic tool for pet owners. The Dyson also features whole-machine HEPA filtration, meaning the air that’s expelled from the vacuum is cleaner than the air it took in. With Cyclone technology, the Dyson can generate strong suction that effectively picks up pet hair from even the thickest of carpets.
It’s important to note that each of these smart vacuums has unique pet hair cleaning performance features that set it apart from the others. If you have specific concerns or requirements when it comes to cleaning up pet hair in your home, it’s worth examining the features of each of these vacuums more closely to determine which one might be the best fit for your household.
When it comes to special features, all three smart vacuum cleaners offer something unique to enhance their functionality and make cleaning easier. Here are some notable features of each brand:
- Roomba: One of Roomba’s standout features is the ability to schedule cleaning jobs. This means you can set your Roomba to automatically start cleaning at certain times of day—even when you’re not home. Roomba also has a handy feature called “dirt detect” which uses acoustic sensors to identify areas of your home with higher concentrations of dirt and debris, and then focuses on those areas to ensure a deeper clean.
- Shark: Shark takes cleaning to the next level by equipping its smart vacuums with anti-allergen seal technology. This feature captures over 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum, preventing them from escaping back into your home’s air. Additionally, Shark offers a feature called “DuoClean,” which uses two brushes to clean both large debris and fine particles at the same time.
- Dyson: Dyson has a reputation for innovation, and its smart vacuums are no exception. One of the most impressive features of Dyson vacuums is their ability to transform for different cleaning jobs. For example, some models can convert to handheld vacuums, making it easier to clean hard-to-reach areas like stairs and upholstery. Dyson vacuums also come with a variety of interchangeable cleaning attachments, like crevice tools and dusting brushes, to ensure a thorough cleaning experience.
Having these unique features sets each brand apart from one another and provides customers with different tools to tackle cleaning in their homes. When comparing the special features of each vacuum to your specific needs, decide what is most important to you based on your situation.
Price and Value
When it comes to price and value, all three brands have their own advantages and disadvantages. Here’s a breakdown:
- Roomba:The Roomba brand is known to be on the pricier side. Their top-of-the-line models can cost upwards of $1,000. However, they do offer a range of models to fit different budgets. The cheaper models still have a lot of the same features as the expensive ones, just with less sophisticated technology.
- Shark:Shark is generally considered to be on the more affordable side of the spectrum. Their models range from around $200-$500. While they don’t have as many high-tech features as Roomba or Dyson, they offer solid cleaning performance and are a great option for budget-conscious consumers.
- Dyson:Dyson is also known for being on the pricier side. Their models can range from around $400-$1,000. However, like Roomba, they offer a range of models with different price points. Dyson vacuums are known for their powerful suction and advanced technology, so consumers who prioritize high-tech features may be willing to spend a little extra for a Dyson.
Ultimately, the price and value of each brand depends on the individual consumer’s needs and budget. While Roomba and Dyson may be more expensive, they offer advanced technology and features that some consumers may prioritize. However, Shark offers solid cleaning performance at a more affordable price point, making it a great option for budget-conscious consumers.
After analyzing and comparing the features, cleaning performance, and price of the Roomba, Shark, and Dyson smart vacuum cleaners, it’s clear that each has its own strengths and weaknesses.
The Roomba stands out for its advanced mapping technology, which allows it to clean efficiently and effectively without missing any spots. It also has a compact design and is relatively affordable compared to the other two options. However, it may not have the strongest suction power, which could be a concern for those with particularly stubborn pet hair.
The Shark impresses with its powerful suction and self-cleaning brush roll, which makes it particularly effective at picking up pet hair. It’s also a good option for those with larger homes, as it has a longer battery life and larger dustbin capacity. However, it can be quite loud during operation and is the most expensive of the three options.
The Dyson also has strong suction power and specialized brush rolls for pet hair, but where it truly excels is in its filtration system, which captures allergens and pollutants, making it an excellent choice for those with allergies or respiratory issues. However, it also comes with the highest price tag.
Overall, the best smart vacuum cleaner for pet hair ultimately depends on the individual’s needs and priorities. If advanced mapping technology and affordability are key priorities, the Roomba is the way to go. For those with particularly stubborn pet hair or larger homes, the Shark is the top choice. And for individuals with allergies or respiratory issues, the Dyson’s filtration system is unmatched.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which brand is better for pet hair: Roomba, Shark or Dyson?
Each brand offers different models with varying levels of pet hair cleaning performance. It ultimately depends on your specific needs and budget.
Do smart vacuums work well on pet hair?
Yes, smart vacuums are designed to pick up pet hair and most models have specialized brushes or suction modes for this purpose.
How do I choose the right smart vacuum for my home with pets?
Consider factors such as pet hair cleaning performance, special features like anti-tangle technology, battery life, and your budget.
Can I schedule my smart vacuum to clean while I’m not home?
Yes, most smart vacuums have scheduling features that allow you to set specific times for cleaning even when you’re away.
Do smart vacuums have virtual boundaries to avoid certain areas?
Yes, some smart vacuums have virtual boundaries that you can set up through the mobile app to prevent the device from going into specific areas.
Is it safe to leave my pets alone in the room with the smart vacuum running?
It’s best to keep pets away from the vacuum while it’s running to avoid any accidents or injury.
How often do I need to empty the dustbin on my smart vacuum?
It depends on the frequency of use and the amount of debris it picks up. Most models will indicate when the dustbin is full and needs to be emptied.
Do smart vacuums come with a warranty?
Yes, most models come with a manufacturer’s warranty that varies in length and coverage.
Can I control my smart vacuum with voice commands?
Yes, some models offer voice assistant integration with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant for convenient hands-free control.
Do smart vacuums replace traditional vacuuming?
While smart vacuums are designed to lighten the load of cleaning floors, they may not replace the deep cleaning power of a traditional vacuum for certain tasks.